User Experience Designer
MedAssurant is a leading medical informatics solution provider with an advanced technology infrastructure and one of the largest databases of medical information in the world. We are growing quickly, expanding our portfolio, and continue to differentiate ourselves with a deep focus on our users.
Become a key part of transforming the healthcare industry by creating breakthrough user experiences for the next generation of our products and services. As a member of the Engineering Excellence team, collaborate with other designers and architects in this entrepreneurial, energetic, creative, and fast-paced environment. Work and communicate across all teams, functions, and business divisions to deliver industry-defining solutions with the most delightful, engaging, and productive experiences for our customers and users.
- Lead user-centered design efforts for specific projects from ideation through delivery and beyond. Perform user research, competitive analysis, concept development and evaluation, workflow, navigation, user interface, and visual design, feedback and iteration with users and other stakeholders, expert reviews, usability tests, and other methods.
- Collaborate with business and product owners, development leads, project managers, and operations management to ensure that user experience quality is achieved and sustained through appropriate use of processes, standards, and methods throughout the project lifecycle.
- Articulate user experience goals, define meaningful measures, and evaluate tracking toward and achieving those goals.
- Develop models, mockups, prototypes, and other demonstrable artifacts to elicit and collect feedback from various stakeholders.
- Communicate research, concepts, requirements, and designs with internal teams as well as external clients and users, in person and through written and visual models, presentations, and specifications.
- Develop standards, guidelines, and style guides to ensure consistency within and across products.
- Recommend and deploy tools, standards, and other resources and coach other cross-functional team members in their effective use.
- Teach and mentor developers, architects, business analysts, and other team members in areas of expertise.
- Five or more years of experience in user experience design in a multi-product commercial software environment, with a track record of delivering great products.
- Two or more years of experience applying user experience techniques in an agile software development environment.
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant field such as human-computer interaction, interaction design, information architecture, human factors, software engineering, or computer science.
- Strong, demonstrable skills in all aspects of user-centered design principles, processes, and techniques.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational, cross-functional collaboration, and leadership through influence skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills, demonstrated anywhere from live whiteboard sketching to polished client deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, plus attention to detail and “fit and finish.”
- Effective work balancing and time management across multiple projects at different stages in their respective lifecycles.
- Highly productive individual contributor as well as valuable team player who likes to lead by example and create a dynamic and exciting work environment.
- Skilled with tools for visual design, wireframe mockups, navigable prototypes, and standard office software.
- Specialized expertise in one or more of the following areas: visual design, product design, information visualization, healthcare information and analytics, social networking and media, design for six sigma, Microsoft and rich internet UI technologies.